- Are you a local business looking for sponsorship opportunities?
- Wanting to support an initiative which benefits the Wells community and its locale?
- Willing to lend your name to a long-standing Norfolk cultural event?
Poetry-next-the-Sea is an annual literature festival held in Wells-next-the-Sea, north Norfolk, which punches above its weight in both the quality of its programme and its commitment to the community. The festival has a reputation for attracting nationally and internationally acclaimed poets and writers, who perform, read and celebrate poetry for one weekend during May.
At the core of our activities is our highly-successful Education Programme. Each year Poetry-next-the-Sea brings a poet into Alderman Peel High School, Wells. The students participate in a day of expertly-delivered workshops, and the highly popular Schools’ Reading event at the festival itself. This programme has reached hundreds of children since its initiation.
None of this could happen without a huge amount of volunteer time and generous donations. Can you help us: either by sponsoring an event, or by contributing something to our running costs?
- £45 puts a poet into a school for an hour
- £45 would go towards producing competition forms
- £45 would sponsor the Friends’ magazine, Wavelength
- £50 would help us with stationery and postage costs
- £90 would pay for ticket printing
- £100, £50, £25 would contribute towards competition prizes
- £160 to help maintain the PNTS website
- £180 or £60 per day, would cover the venue rental
- £250 would pay for one of our headlining poets to give a reading
“What’s in it for us?”
The names of event sponsors will be featured in the Festival programme, and all other publicity material including flyers and posters, as well as on our website, and are always acknowledged during the relevant events. Ongoing sponsorship, including contribution to running costs, is credited on our sponsorship webpage. As part of our publicity campaign, we have a considerable number of people on our mailing list, which we contact during the booking period leading to the festival weekend itself, and we are featured on a number of local events listings sites.
If you are able to help us in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact us at:
The New Cottage
Norfolk PE31 8HH
Tel: 01328 738243